Hour of code will take place during Computer Science week.
Computer Science Week, Dec 9-15th 2013 http://csedweek.org/learn2
‘What’s an Hour of Code? according to the publicity?
It’s a one-hour introduction to computer science, designed to demystify “code” and show that anyone can learn the basics to be a maker, a creator, an innovator.
We will have a go at the interactive Scratch holiday or Christmas card. Click on this tutorial link
They provide a variety of self-guided tutorials that anybody can do, on a browser, tablet, or smartphone. We’ll even have unplugged tutorials for classrooms without computers. No experience needed. You can make a holiday card and view some of the activities here and lots more cool activities. View some of the tutorials here.
It is hoped that some of you will sign up.
Answer the following questions on a blog post:
- Three things I liked most at the camp
- One thing that would make it better
- What I learnt (one thing!)
- Create a pic collage in MS AutoCollage or http://www.fotor.com
Make sure you have converted your sound story to mp3 file
Continue with MS Kodu
Hi year 8, we will start a segment on MS Kodu
Please go to this link and fill in your answers on What do you eat the most of?
Look at all the images that people have posted of what it looks right outside their window.
Which image do you think I should share for “Right Outside my Window”? Please choose one and vote on the form below
Here is the moourl for my blog http://moourl.com/murch
In 30 mins you are to create a game using one of the following options
Sounds like spring: what sounds would you hear in spring, summer, autumn, winter
Year 3 and 4 students will create a sound story of car sounds in traffic.
Click on this link or key in this url http://moourl.com/cars to discuss what sounds we might hear.
- where the car would start, its journey and the completion of its journey.
- the weather on the day
- where are you? – city/country What sounds would you hear?
Today features the race that stops a nation. The Melbourne Cup is big business for many. Your task today is to draw up a database of the horses using the following fields:-
- the horse name
- trainer – split the name into first and last
- jockey – split the name into first and last
- country of origin
- selection of newspapers
- online searches
Now lets get some data by completing the following:-
- Sort the horses into alphabetical order
- Create a report that shares the horses running, together with their jockey, trainer and barrier drawn
- Create a query that shows the jockeys in alphabetical order, together with their horses ridden
- Query the barrier gates in numerical order from 1 – 25 with horse names
- Find the horses who are in barrier gates 1-8, create query
- Find the jockeys in order of weights, create query
Write a post on our visit to Quantum:-
- Brief description of what we did and where we went (hyperlink to their website) – what software we learnt, hyperlink back to any software or hardware used
- What I enjoyed most
- One thing that I found hard
- One thing I learnt
- One question I still have
Upload a picture of the day.